The following is how to pray the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary:
Beginning the Holy Rosary
- Start by making the sign of the Cross
- Then recite the Apostles Creed
- Then say 1 “Our Father”, 3 “Hail Mary’s” for the virtues of Faith, Hope and Charity; and then 1 “Glory Be”:
Praying the decades of the Holy Rosary
The Rosary is divided into three parts, each having five mysteries. While meditating on the Mysteries, recite:
1 “Our Father”
10 “Hail Mary’s”
1 “Glory Be”
for each Mystery. After each Mystery the “Fatima Prayer” is said:
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fire of hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy. Amen
All together this makes up one decade.
After the completion of the five mysteries (five decades), the “Hail Holy Queen” is said
Hail, holy Queen, mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile show us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God.
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
THE MYSTERIES OF THE ROSARY
THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES
( Mondays and Saturdays, may be said on Sundays during Advent and Christmas):
1. The Annunciation
2. The Visitation
3. The Nativity
4. The Presentation
5. The Finding of Jesus in the Temple
THE SORROWFUL MYSTERIES
(Tuesdays and Fridays, may be said on Sundays during Lent ):
1. The Agony in the Garden
2. The Scourging at the Pillar
3. The Crowning with Thorns
4. The Carrying of the Cross
5. The Crucifixion
THE GLORIOUS MYSTERIES
(Wednesdays and Sundays):
1. The Resurrection
2. The Ascension
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit
4. The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
5. The Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
THE LUMINOUS MYSTERIES
1. The Baptism in the Jordan
2. The Wedding at Cana
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom
4. The Transfiguration
5. Institution of the Eucharist
For the intentions of the Holy Father, one may recite at this point 1 “Our Father”, 1 “Hail Mary”, and one “Glory Be”.
In the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.