Need Sacraments? Still in High School?
The Rite of Catholic Initiation for Teens (RCIT) is program designed to assist teenagers who would like to be received into the Catholic Church. It is not a substitute for the normal pedagogy of Religious Education.
St. Leo the Great offers a one year program for teens 9th – 12th grade:
- Students receiving All Sacraments of Initiation or Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation receive them at the EASTER VIGIL.
- Students receiving the sacrament of Confirmation only receive at PENTECOST.
Classes are Mondays evenings:
- Held in the Guadalupe room in the Parish Hall.
- Requires that the student and at least one parent or their sponsor are required to attend every class.
- Starts promptly at 7pm and end at 8:30pm.
- Click here to see the full RCIT class schedule.
How to Register:
Registration forms may be obtained through the Office of Youth Ministry. Registration is complete when:
- Registration form is completed
- A copy of the baptismal certificate with notations is provided.
- The parent or sponsor attend the mandatory parents meeting.
This meeting is mandatory. In order to save yourself a place at the meeting, please email Mrs. Melissa Rihl at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information about the student:
- Date of birth,
- School he or she attends,
- What sacraments are needed.
The Registration Fee is $100 per student, to cover cost of materials and Retreat.
If financial assistance is required, please contact Mrs. Melissa Rihl. No one will be turned away due to finances.
Students and a parent/guardian are required to sign-up for our weekly emails/texts. These emails and texts not only keep you informed of announcements but also provide homework assignments. Please sign-up below: