Need Sacraments? Still in High School?
The Rite of Catholic Initiation for Teens (RCIT) is program designed to assist teenagers who would like to be received into the Catholic Church. It is not a substitute for the normal pedagogy of Religious Education.
St. Leo the Great offers a one year program for teens 9th – 12th grade:
- Students receiving All Sacraments of Initiation or Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation receive them at the EASTER VIGIL.
- Students receiving Confirmation only receive at PENTECOST.
Classes are Mondays evenings:
- Held in the Guadalupe room in the Parish Hall.
- Requires that the student and at least one parent or their sponsor are required to attend every class.
- Click here to see the full RCIT class schedule.
How to Register:
In order to register you must come to the meeting this fall in the Guadalupe Room. This meeting is mandatory and will the opportunity for you to fill out the required registration forms!!! In order to save yourself a place at the meeting, email Mrs. Melissa Rihl at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: the student’s name, date of birth, the school he or she attends, and which sacraments are needed.
RCIT classes this year will be held on Monday evenings from 7-8:30 pm. As with all Youth Ministry events, we follow the Fairfax County inclement weather policy.
The Registration Fee is $100 per student, to cover cost of materials and Retreat.
If financial assistance is required, please contact Mrs. Melissa Rihl. No one will be turned away due to finances.