Fall 2020 Confirmation Retreat Information
2 options: Coed Retreat or Girls or Boys Overnight Retreats.
- Friday, October 2nd and Saturday, October 3rd: Co-Ed Retreat. Friday from 6-8:30pm at St. Leo’s AND Saturday from 8:15am-5:45pm at St Leo’s and the JPII Shrine
- Saturday, October 10-Sunday, Oct 11: Girls Overnight Retreat, Hunting Ridge Retreat Center. 7am Saturday- 2:30pm Sunday
- Saturday, October 17-Sunday, Oct 18: Boys Overnight Retreat, Hunting Ridge Retreat Center. 7am Saturday- 2:30pm Sunday
Co Ed Retreat:
Friday, October 2nd
- Meet in St. Leo Gym at 6pm for a talk on the Holy Spirit, followed by attendance of Parish Holy Hour. Pizza dinner provided
Saturday, October 3rd
- Teens will arrive and check in at the school gym at 8:15am (having already had breakfast)
- Morning Prayer at 8:30am
- Mass at 9:00am
- 2 Talks in the Guadalupe Room
- Lunch (provided)
- Bus Transportation for first 50 – (depart around 1:15pm)
- Tour and Veneration of JPII Relic at JPII Shrine
Hunting Ridge Retreat Center
1011 Hunting Ridge Rd, Winchester, VA 22603
- Meet in front of St. Leo the Great at 7:30am for Check in (having already had breakfast)
- We will be taking a bus to the retreat center (approximately 1hr 30minute drive)
- Students should bring snacks to share for the weekend.
- All meals provided by the retreat center
- (Lunch and Dinner on Saturday, Breakfast and Lunch on Sunday)
- Talks, activities, small group discussion, praise and worship music, Adoration and Confessions, bonfire, s’mores and organized free time
- Planned and led with St. Mary of Sorrows Catholic Church
Medications and Allergies
- Closest Hospital to Hunting Ridge Retreat Center
Winchester Medical Center
1840 Amherst St, Winchester, VA 22601
- Medications Will Be Collected
- Make sure they are marked, and have a note with the times, etc that they should be given
- This includes Epi-Pens, unless your child is used to carrying it with them. All of our adult leaders are instructed on how to use an EpiPen
- One designated adult to handle medications for the weekend/ day retreat
- Food Allergies:
- We plan all meals with the retreat center, and they can accommodate for nut allergies, lactose and gluten free.
- We do ask for everyone to bring a snack, however we ask for no nuts/peanuts/sesame seeds
- If there are other allergies/intolerance (Gluten/Celiac/Lactose, etc) please let us know
Other Medical Conditions
- Please let us know if your child has anxiety/depression or other related mental health conditions.
- If your child takes medications for ADD/ADHD but not usually on the weekends, please consider having them take the medication for the retreats (day or overnight)
Modesty and Packing Lists
- There is a packing list and modesty guide included in each registration packet.
- We will send reminders a couple of weeks before retreat.
- All teens are expected to participate, be respectful, reverent and have fun
- If any teen behaves inappropriately or maintains an attitude of disrespect, they will be sent home.
- Co Ed Retreat: $75.00. Includes pizza dinner for Friday night, bus transportation, and lunch for Saturday. Bring your own lunch.
- Overnight Retreats: $125.00. Includes meals, lodging and transportation
If cost is an issue, especially for the overnight, please let us know. Financial Assistance available.
REGISTRATION FORMS AND PAYMENT ARE DUE BY MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14
In addition, forms will be available in the RE, YM and Parish Office.
Please contact Mrs. Melissa Rihl, Director of Youth Ministry